27 Jan 2007 At Christmas the van Broke down and a puff of steam came out of the battery vent hose!
The AA man offered to replace the battery but I had to explain it was 216V and weighed 1000kg! Ah he said.
After careful searching I decided to buy three Enersys 200Ah 6V monoblocks. Model 6TP200,
After several days struggling with inadequate lifting gear, I managed to remove the defective 6V unit and connect the new battery. The new battery will not fit in the old space so it was mounted via cables in the door step. This is useful however because it allows me to monitor the new battery and also try out other battery types for endurance. The defect in the old battery seems to be a short between positive and negative plates.